Happy Boo Day! I know today is an exciting day for most of our teeny TORQUE babes and a stressful one for most mommy’s (or maybe mummies LOL) but today is all about reducing the anxiety that we encounter on a daily basis. That’s right, today might be all about being scared, but not in this tribe! We are introducing these new challenges to the Tribe Times. They will be intermittently posted and something we really encourage you all to partake in. For our first challenge, we are going to try and look anxiety in the face and say “see ya”! Will this be easy? Nope. Will it be natural? Not really. Will it take work? Yep. Can you do it? Of course. This is an opportunity to take control of one aspect of your life. You don’t have to complete all of these things, but take it upon yourself to select a few to implement into your lives. I guarantee you, if you stick to it, things will get better. Like I tell my second graders, you will never know what the outcome is going to be if you never decide you’re going to try. So with that being said, I introduce you to the Anxiety Challenge…here a some tips on how we can implement simple things into our daily lives to reduce the stress and anxiety we encounter 24/7. Do this for you and watch it unfold into the best version of you!
1. Make a list of your anxieties. Write it all down my loves! Getting it all down on paper is such a help sometimes because then it becomes a reality, not just a daunting thought in your head!
2. Pick a time of day that will be just for you. SO Important. Whether this is your morning commute, a spin class, waiting at the bus stop. Whatever it is, make it known and make it a priority that there’s time in each day that is just for YOU.
3.Write down five things you are grateful for. This is something that I think everyone should do every month. Write things down. Document them. Let yourself become conscious of what you are feeling. Sometimes we focus on all the bad things, remember it is good to write the good things as well.
4. Peak and pit of your day. Dinner table, texting, post spin class…. all amazing opportunities. This is something my BFF and I do almost every day, s/o to you Beth McGee. We send each other a text of 3 GOOD things that happened that day. Sometimes it is a 100 on an exam and sometimes it’s making our beds. But whatever it is, we recognize it and give it the credit it deserved.
5 .No social media day. THIS. I want to implement this into my life! I really think that sometimes we get caught up in what’s going on around us that we lose sight of what is right in front of us. Say goodbye to the virtual world for a day and see how beautiful reality can be.
6. Start a good vitamin regimen. All my teacher friends, YOU KNOW! This was something I did at the beginning of my student teaching and have actually stuck to it! It is something so little I do every morning, but it encourages me to be healthy throughout the day! Give it a try and kick those germs in the booty, flu season is upon us!
7. Play loud music and dance. Just do it. Turn it up loud, dance like no one is watching, and shake what your mama gave ya! And if you need any help at all, our teeny TORQUER Beckett Daisy will show you how it’s done!
8 .Drink water. Those TORQUE bottles are perfect for this! Drinking water throughout the day really does keep you energized and keeps you feeling good! Keeps those headaches away, your skin nice and clear, and takes care of some boredom eating as well. It’s a win win!
9. Do something you are good at. I know we always say “try something new” or “step out of your comfort zone”, but sometimes doing something you are good at gives you that little confidence boost you need!
10. Come home to us. Take a class. Hang out and chat. Have an adult conversation. Get a hug. Drink a juice. Just be present in the moment, in a place that loves you dearly. Treat yourself, because you deserve it.
As always sending you all a few deep breaths, love, hugs, and some yummy Halloween candy!! And don’t forget, love yourself. Because in case you forgot, we love you all so damn much!
p.s. this is a little inside look at Beckett Daisy shaking what his mama gave him to brighten your day! LOVE!